COVID 19 Updates and Guidelines
At Texas Health Hospital Rockwall, our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. While caring for the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, updates to our Visitation Policy may be necessary to ensure the safest possible environment for everyone.
VISITATION POLICY (effective November 24, 2020)
As caregivers, we understand how important it is to have the support of family and friends while in the hospital; however we are obligated to limit exposure risk to our patients and care teams while reducing spread of infection in the community and truly appreciate your support.
Please review our current visitation policy including those for specific departments of interest and contact the hospital prior to your arrival if you have questions.
Most departments allow 1 visitor a day provided the visitor meets screening criteria and the patient is not COVID-19 positive or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Exceptions can be made for patients under the age of 18 and those with disability, impairment or mobility issues.
- Visiting hours are 7am-7pm. Please plan to arrive no later than 6:45pm.
Surgery and Inpatient Departments
- One visitor a day for patients who are not COVID-19 positive or suspected of having COVID-19. Visitor must meet screening guidelines.
Labor and Delivery (Maternity)
- One support person (spouse, family member, etc) only for labor and delivery and post-partum
- One non-hospital care team member (Doula) allowed for labor and delivery
- Two parents or guardians only in Nursery
- One visitor per patient unless the patient is identified as COVID+
- Visitor must remain in the room with the patient at all times
- If patient is admitted the visitor will be able to accompany patient to their inpatient room (unless patient is COVID+ or suspected of having COVID-19)
- If ER volume necessitates patients waiting in the lobby, the visitor must wait external to the building until the visitor obtains a room
- If the support person/visitor cannot stay they will be provided contact information to receive updates
Outpatient Services (Radiology, Lab, Pre-admit testing, etc)
- No visitors
- Exception will be made for patients under the age of 18 or if needed to support patients with impairment or mobility and in these instances only one visitor may be allowed
Extenuating circumstances will be determined on a case by case basis. We remain open minded to those situations that may warrant additional support from loved ones. Please reach out to your caregiver or a department leader if you feel this is your situation.
Everyone entering the hospital must meet the following guidelines and screening criteria:
- Everyone will be screened upon entry. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness will be asked to leave.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (no visitors under the age of 16)
- Wear a mask at all times, including inside patient rooms
- Follow social distancing guidelines of at least 6 feet distance from others.
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Follow signage and directions of hospital staff.
- Anyone not following these guidelines will be asked to leave.
Before Your Procedure
All individuals having surgical procedures will be tested for COVID either several days in advance of the procedure or the day of the procedure. You will be instructed when to arrive; please arrive as instructed to help us stay on schedule and maintain appropriate distance between appointments. *Note: COVID testing is only available for those with scheduled procedures at Texas Health Rockwall.
What to Do:
Think you may have COVID?
If you think you may have COVID please contact your primary care physician who is in the best position to evaluate your symptoms and provide additional guidance on how to proceed.
We are open and as always practice safe care!
If you are experiencing a medical emergency or are in need of a screening procedure please do not delay your care. Texas Health Rockwall has a reputation for safe care and remains abreast of the latest precautions and recommendations to ensure that we are providing the safest care possible. If you have concerns please call our hospital and ask to speak to someone who can provide additional details on the area or department you may visit. To learn more about what Texas Health Rockwall is doing to provide safe care visit read a message from our President.
For more information about Coronovirus, and what to expect at other Texas Health facilities please click here.